Eve Thermo kaputt?

• Liebes Forum,

da hier ein paar Leute von einer erfolgreichen Reparatur eines Eve Thermo berichtet haben und es einige Member mit Expertenwissen gibt, wollte ich ebenfalls gern euer „Schwarmwissen“ nutzen. :)

Mein Sohn hat sich auf ein Thermo draufgestützt und dabei intern ein paar Sachen verbogen. Neben den Plastiklaschen, ist vor allem die Verbindung zwischen dem Stellmotor und der Platine inkl. Steuer betroffen.

Kann mir einer sagen, ob die beiden Kompetenten im Originalzustand miteinander verlötet sind?

Wenn ja, würde ich versuchen das zu fixen.

Die Elektronik ist soweit i. O. und der Thermo wird weiterhin von der Eve-App erkannt. Bei der Kalibrierung am Heizkörper kommt nur der Fehlercode E3 und man hört auch, dass der Stellmotor nicht arbeitet.

Anbei noch ein Foto.

Ich danke euch wir für eure Hinweise.

Tony :thumbup:

• Dear Colleagues, I'm really glad I've finally found a bit more technical thread about Eve Thermo!
    So, my friend's story is just like anyone else's: he just accidentally hooked the Thermo and it broke. Now, I'm trying to help him by putting back elements into their place. Unfortunately some were lost, so I tried to find some replacements. I haven't successfully finished the restoration just yet, but perhaps my experience so far may help someone else. So, getting into the details...

Model: 20EBP1701

Problem: Error E3, although I can hear that motor is running and I can feel with my finger that element mounted directly to the heater moves towards and backwards during the calibration process. Everything else is working as it should, it seems.

PCB interventions (IMG_0017):

1. Element A was bent a bit, so I put it back upwards. Also I've added some solder onto +/- (IMG_0016) so they could easily reach element A. I guess only 1st and 3rd pin should be touching motor? The middle one is not touching anything in my case.

2. None of the elements from the group B survived the accident and they were all gone. I wildly guessed that this might be 120kOhm resistor in the 0402 package since there's lots of them around. I presume these are the parameters because...

3. ... element C was also gone - luckily the second resistor was still there. So I could desolder and measure it.
    In the end I might have guessed well about group B since I compared it with some pictures in this thread. But who can tell if the values are correct? I have no idea. After restoring group B though, both buttons on Thermo started to work again, so possibly components were selected well.

4. Element D was the only one that was not lost, but it was badly bent. It's on its place again and the position is correct as I've compared this with another picture here. Whether this is damaged or not: I don't know.

I have no more ideas what I could try or check. I disassembled motor too, to make sure plastic cogs are not damaged and they are fine. Do you have any idea what else I could try? :)

Regards!

Yann

• I am not sure if this could be the issue or rather the solution, but I had a similar issue with an "E" error and then I found online a fix for that. Earlier models of the eve thermo are sometimes not "fully compatible" with every valve because the pin is too short. If you see/feel that the pin is moving but still spits out the error code, try placing a 1cent coin in front of the pin and mount it again. That helps to eliminate the issue with a too short bin as it extends it.

On the technical side I can not help you at all unfortunately with your findings, pictures etc. sorry.

• The coin trick did not work this time, unfortunately.

By the way, I also shorted, just to be certain, middle pin with the first one and third one later on (motor - PCB connector). It changes nothing.

• Hi Edward, agreed, it totally is! This whole exercise is more of an excuse to play around a bit :) Luckily SMD resistors are very cheap... like 1 EUR per 100 items.

"Groups" of resistors around have different parameters from the pair marked as "C" in IMG_0017. I have just checked and they all are 100 ohms, not 120000. So, I'll replace them on Friday when the new set arrives. If this doesn't help, I'll give up. :)

• Hi, short update then: "no luck"! (still Error 3) - I played with 100Ohms and salvaged some 1 kOhms too...

In case it could help someone, I measured "green" resistors mostly prone to damages. These were installed originally so we can be pretty confident regarding type and value.

"Orange" this is what works in my case - without them or with another value (100 Ohms instead of 120 kOhms), touchscreen didn't work. But with no certainty what originally was there.

"Red" - if someone has any chance to measure their values, it would be wonderful if this information could be shared on this forum.

Cheers and regards!

• My 2 cent.

I am sorry not to be able to contribute more here. My then broken thermo I had to glue together and do not want to open it again as long as it works.

But I think it's really good that you are so involved in the matter here. I read everything.

• Hi! A quick update: I bought a second broken device with also missing SMD elements. Luckily, some original ones were preserved - those which were missing in the first broken device. :) That helped with the identification of proper replacements and now both devices are working properly.

In case you are not into tinkering with electronics don't be discouraged right away. Now you know which elements to obtain (all resistors with the mentioned parameters in the picture should by of 0402 package type) and you can get all of them for a couple of EUR. Then you bring it all to the decent smartphone repair workshop (but not to the authorized services as they may be only replacing elements like screens, not really fixing motherboards) where new elements could be installed in 15 minutes. The cost will depend on the workshop, I guess: if price does not make sense in one, it may be very different in another.

I wish you good luck with your repairs!

Jan

• Thank you yann for letting us participate in this hack. And also thanks for the detailed pictures and labeling. With the next broken Eve Thermo (hope not) this will be very helpful.

• Hey guys, I'm really glad this thread exists! I bought yet-another eve thermo for my homekit setup and this one was a scam and was broken :(. I can't recover the money, but I might be able to fix it. I'm missing element D in the previous figures (the empty space down in my picture). It looks like it's an optical sensor to keep track of the spin of the motor.

Can someone tell me what should I buy to replace it?

I'm aware there are other pieces missing/misplaced, but you already told me in the thread what to do! Thanks!

• Hallo Leute mir ist bei meinen Eve Thermo neuste Generation das Teil (siehe Bild) von der Platine abgerissen und kaputt gegangen!

Weis jemand wie das heißt oder wo ich das Ersatzteil gleich bestellen kann?

Löten kann ich das ist kein Problem 😝

• Das schaut aus wie ein Connectivity Spring / Batterie-Kontakt